Is your field office experiencing some technical difficulties? Don’t worry, our teams are hard at work trying to get back to business as soon as possible.
In the meantime, while things are down, you’ve still got some ways to get things done*:
- Offices continue to provide drive tests, schedule return appointments, help with paperwork, and answer customer’s questions throughout the outage.
- More than a dozen DMV services are available online, 24/7/365: www.dmv.ca.gov.
- DMV Now Self-Service Terminals are still up and running at many field office locations. Bring your registration renewal notice or your current registration card and get your sticker printed instantly. Find a DMV Now near you.*
- Our Call Center can assist with general DMV information at 800-777-0133.
- DMV’s Interactive Voice Response System at 800-777-0133 is also available for registration renewals.*
- If your registration is due during a system failure, no penalties will be assessed if the renewal is postmarked by the next work date.
- If the department is unable to process your request due to a system outage, to avoid paying penalties on a vehicle registration or other transaction, complete a Statement of Facts (REG 256) or write a letter explaining why you were late and the penalty may be waived. Then mail the registration renewal form, payment, REG 256 or letter in an envelope and send to the following address:
P.O. Box 942869
Sacramento, CA 94269-0001
- We answer your general business-related questions on social media via DMV’s Twitter and Facebook accounts during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
*Eligibility is required for these services.