Holidays are about spending time with family and friends. Whether you are driving to celebrate with family or picking up last minute presents, be sure to safely bring the best gift of all…YOU! Get an early start and allow plenty of time to reach the destination. Be more observant, visibility is often limited by winter weather conditions.
- Millions of drivers will be on the roadway this holiday season so here are a few driving tips to help you navigate safely:
- Make sure your tires, brakes, windshield wipers, defroster, heater and exhaust system are in top condition.
- Keep the windshield and windows clear on the vehicle. Use the defroster and keep a clean cloth handy to maintain fog free windows.
- Carry an emergency kit. You can build your own with tips found at http://www.ots.ca.gov/roadsideemergencykit.asp.
- Turn off the phone when you get behind the wheel.
If you are planning to drink, always designate a sober driver before the celebration begins.
Don’t forget to secure the best gift with a ribbon. It will only take you two seconds to put your seat belt on.