Posted on February 24, 2014 by cadmv
Did you know the DMV offers five simple ways to renew your vehicle registration? We realize it may not always be convenient to visit a field office, so we offer the following alternative ways to renew your vehicle and be on your way:
1) Renewal by mail – Simply send in your renewal notice along with the required payment. Your registration card and sticker will arrive in the mail shortly after!
2) Online renewal – If you’re eligible to renew online, all you need is the last 5 digits of your VIN and your license plate number.
3) Renewal by self-service terminal (SST) – A self-service terminal allows you to complete your registration process using touch screen technology and immediately dispenses your registration card and sticker. It’s quick and easy! Check the list of locations to make sure an SST is available at your local office.
4) Renewal by telephone – To renew by phone, all you need to do is dial DMV’s Automated Telephone Service at 1-800-777-0133. When prompted, you will need to provide your renewal identification number (RIN) found on your renewal notice, last five digits of your VIN number and your license plate number.
And if you prefer, you can still visit the field office and renew your vehicle registration. Here’s how:
5) Visit your nearest DMV field office and present your renewal notice to the technician at the counter. Before you head in to the office, be sure to schedule an appointment online. You can thank us later!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: Appointment, Field Office, Online Services, renewal, self-service terminal, vehicle registration | Leave a comment »
Posted on January 14, 2014 by cadmv
Have you visited a DMV field office recently and received excellent service? Or have you renewed your registration online using our website? How easy was it? The California Department of Motor Vehicles wants to know about your experience!
Because the DMV is committed to serving the public, we want to hear what you have to say. Whether you have a compliment, suggestion or complaint, the DMV greatly values your opinion.
Each month the department receives over 10,000 comments via our online survey, with the number of compliments outweighing the complaints. The responses we receive for the survey are used to evaluate our service in the field office, over the telephone and also on our website. Our hope is that through the survey, the customer experience as a whole will be improved.
If you would like to provide feedback for the DMV, we welcome you to share your thoughts. As a friendly reminder, please remember not to include any personal information – your security is important to us!
So please, Tell Us… How Are We Doing?
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: complaint, compliment, Customer Service, Field Office, Online Services, suggestion, survey | Leave a comment »
Posted on December 12, 2013 by cadmv
The DMV website is currently experiencing technical difficulties. However, all online services are available. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Affidavit of Non-Use
Change of Address
Driver License or Identification Card Application Status
Driver License or Identification Card Renewal
Driver Record Request
Field Office Appointment System
Notice of Release of Liability
Vehicle Record Request
Vehicle Registration Renewal
Vehicle Registration Suspension
Please read our blog Doing Business with the DMV When Systems Are Down in the event your registration is due during a DMV website outage.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: Change of Address, Driver License, Driver Record, Identification Card, Notice of Release of Liability, Online Services, Technical Difficulties, Vehicle Record, Vehicle Registration Renewal, Vehicle Registration Suspension, Website | Leave a comment »
Posted on December 2, 2013 by cadmv
The opportunity to take advantage of the shopping deals on Cyber Monday may only come once a year. Remember with DMV Online Services available 24/7, you don’t have to wait that long to renew your vehicle registration or driver license. You’ll be finished with your transaction– just in time to buy that television you’ve been waiting so long for!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: Driver License, Online Services, vehicle registration | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 8, 2013 by cadmv
California DMV is back at The Big Fresno Fair from October 2-14, 2013. The fair is celebrating 130 years and displaying over 1,000 historical items for people to see. Bring the family and visit the new attractions from dinosaurs, sea lions, and even a reptile exhibit!
Do you have a DMV question? Stop by the California DMV booth located in the Industry Commerce building. DMV’s knowledgeable staff will be in attendance to answer questions and assist with the registration process, online transactions, and scheduling appointments. Take this opportunity to interact with a friendly DMV expert.
While visiting the booth get a DMV Dan or Danielle coloring sheet for the kids. The kids can color the sheet and strike a pose for the camera. Post the picture with DMV Dan or Danielle on our California DMV Facebook page.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: Big Fresno Fair, DMV Dan, DMV Danielle, Online Services, Outreach, Socal Media | Leave a comment »