Posted on November 29, 2013 by cadmv
Even if you’re too stuffed to move from your Thanksgiving meal, we know you can’t pass up those Black Friday specials. As you wake up during the wee hours and head out to your favorite stores, DMV would like to remind you to drive carefully, be very patient, and pay particular attention to pedestrians.
Throughout your holiday shopping remain alert and mindful of your surroundings, have your keys in hand when approaching your vehicle, and check the back seat and around the car before getting in. Do not leave shopping bags visible in your car windows. Lock them in the trunk or, if possible, take them directly home. These tips will help keep you and your family safe this shopping season.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: holiday travel, Pedestrian Safety, safe driving | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 29, 2013 by cadmv
It’s that time of the year when ghouls and goblins take over the night and haunt the streets. An array of superheroes, villains, and princesses will parade from house to house filling their buckets with goodies. Halloween is a fun-filled night for children, parents, and partygoers alike. The scary parts of Halloween are not the haunted houses but the distracted and alcohol impaired drivers.
To keep children safe this Halloween, here are safety tips for the Trick-or-Treaters:
- Plan a safe route on well-lit streets and always walk on sidewalks or paths. Remind children not to take shortcuts through backyards, alleys, or playing fields.
- Cross the street at crosswalks and never assume that vehicles will stop.
- If there are no sidewalks, always walk facing traffic.
- Decorate costumes with reflective tape.
- Use a flashlight.
- Glow sticks as necklaces or bracelets are also fun choices.
A reminder for motorists during haunting season:
- Obey all traffic signs and signals.
- Slow Down!
- Use caution and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods.
- Enter/exit driveways and alleys carefully.
- Turn on headlights to increase visibility – even in daylight.
- Eliminate distractions and concentrate on the road/surroundings.
- If you see a drunk driver on the road, contact local law enforcement.
For more information visit DMV’s Pedestrian Safety page and have a Happy Halloween!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: California DMV, Distracted Driving, Halloween, Pedestrian Safety | Leave a comment »