Did you know the DMV offers five simple ways to renew your vehicle registration? We realize it may not always be convenient to visit a field office, so we offer the following alternative ways to renew your vehicle and be on your way:
1) Renewal by mail – Simply send in your renewal notice along with the required payment. Your registration card and sticker will arrive in the mail shortly after!
2) Online renewal – If you’re eligible to renew online, all you need is the last 5 digits of your VIN and your license plate number.
3) Renewal by self-service terminal (SST) – A self-service terminal allows you to complete your registration process using touch screen technology and immediately dispenses your registration card and sticker. It’s quick and easy! Check the list of locations to make sure an SST is available at your local office.
4) Renewal by telephone – To renew by phone, all you need to do is dial DMV’s Automated Telephone Service at 1-800-777-0133. When prompted, you will need to provide your renewal identification number (RIN) found on your renewal notice, last five digits of your VIN number and your license plate number.
And if you prefer, you can still visit the field office and renew your vehicle registration. Here’s how:
5) Visit your nearest DMV field office and present your renewal notice to the technician at the counter. Before you head in to the office, be sure to schedule an appointment online. You can thank us later!